Certificates of Deposit
Certificates of Deposit (CDs) are an excellent investment for those who don't need the liquidity of a traditional savings or money market account and want a predictable return on their investment. All First Midwest CDs offer:
- Competitive interest credited monthly or quarterly. Interest can also be paid out by check or automatically transferred to another First Midwest account.
- Flexible terms to match your investments with short or medium-term savings goals.
- Automatic renewal at maturity, with grace period.
- 100 Tuition Rewards points plus 5% annually of your year-to-date average account balance.
- Plus, clients with an existing First Midwest relationship may be entitled to a rate enhancement – ask your First Midwest Banker for details.
When considering investing in CDs, talk with your First Midwest Banker about CD Laddering. With a CD Laddering strategy, you don't "put all your eggs in one basket" by purchasing a single, long-term CD. Instead, you buy several CDs at different terms. As each CD matures, those dollars are then used to purchase another CD in a term that coordinates with the design of your customized laddering approach. Achieving the right balance between yield and security can be challenging, so CD Laddering is a great way to manage a steadier income stream and appreciate a higher average yield in the long run.
As with any investment, a laddering approach involves a degree of commitment – it works only if you stick with it. It's also important that your money is liquid when you need it – something you should take into account when determining how high your CD ladder should go and how far apart the rungs should be. Your First Midwest Banker is ready to help.
Call 800-241-1749 to learn more or to open your CD today.View Rates