Buy It With Your First Midwest Debit Card . . .
Know You Are Protected If You Are Not Satisfied With Your Purchase
Use your First Midwest Debit MasterCard® for covered purchases and they are eligible for coverage for 60 days from the date of purchase in the event you are dissatisfied with the purchase and the store will not accept the item for return.
Your First Midwest Debit Card is the smart way to make purchases and know you’ll never be disappointed.
Exercise Your Benefits
MasterCard is ready to help 24/7. Call 1-800-MC-ASSIST
(1-800-622-7747) to start the claim process within 60 days of date of purchase.
How To Get Coverage
You must purchase the new item entirely with your covered card and/or accumulated points from your covered card for yourself or to give as a gift.
Back to Top
How To File A Claim
Call 1-800-MC-ASSIST to request a claim form. You must report the claim within sixty (60) days of the date of purchase or the claim may not be honored.
Submit the following documentation within one hundred and eighty (180) days of the date you report the claim:
- Completed and signed claim form.
- Receipt showing the purchased item(s).
- Statement showing the purchased item(s).
- Itemized purchase receipt(s).
- Written documentation from the store manager or equivalent on store letterhead documenting the refusal to accept the returned item.
- A copy of the store’s return policy.
- Any other documentation that may be reasonably requested by us or our administrator to validate a claim.
You must send the item to us or our administrator before any claim will be paid. Item must be returned in its original packaging along with the original owner’s manuals and warranty information. You are responsible for all mailing or shipping costs to us or our administrator. Items sent to us or our administrator will not be returned to you.
Back to Top
- Purchases you make entirely with your covered card are covered for sixty (60) days from the date of purchase as indicated on your receipt for a full refund in the event that you are dissatisfied with your purchase and the store will not accept the item for return.
- Items you purchase with your covered card and give as gifts also are covered.
- This coverage is secondary to any other applicable insurance or coverage available to you or the gift recipient. Coverage is limited to only those amounts not covered by any other insurance or coverage.
Coverage is limited to the actual cost of the item (excluding taxes, storage, shipping, and handling costs), up to $250 per claim. There is a maximum of four (4) claim(s) per cardholder per twelve (12) month period. In no event will we pay more than the purchase price of the item.
Items must be purchased from a store that provides a return or exchange policy of at least ten (10) days.
Items must be returned undamaged, in good working condition, and in its original and complete packaging. You are responsible for all mailing costs.
What Is Not Covered
- Damaged, defective, or non-working items.
- Jewelry, art, used or antique items; collectibles of any kind (such as items designed for people to collect or items that over time become collectibles); recycled, previously owned, refurbished, rebuilt, or remanufactured items.
- Customized/personalized, rare, one of a kind, or special order items.
- Professional services, including workmanship, installation, professional advice/counseling, and technical support, or help line.
- Items purchased for resale, professional, or commercial use.
- Plants, shrubs, animals, pets, consumables, and perishables.
- All types of stored data or music (including, but not limited to, computer software, DVDs, video cassettes, CDs, audio cassettes).
- Motorized vehicles, including, but not limited, to automobiles, watercraft/boats, aircraft, and motorcycles, or their motors, equipment, or accessories.
- Land, any buildings (including, but not limited to, homes and dwellings), permanently installed items, fixtures, or structures.
- Game animals, pets, or specimens preserved for display (e.g., fish, birds, reptiles, or mammals).
- Traveler’s checks, tickets of any kind (e.g., for airlines, sporting events, concerts, or lottery), negotiable instruments, bullion, rare or precious metals, stamps, and coins, currency or its equivalent.
- Shipping charges, taxes, storage fees, postage, transportation and delivery charges; promised time frames of delivery.
- Products purchased at auctions.